Friday, February 6, 2015

Vaccines...Are they Needed?

When you're a small little baby, most get these injections named vaccinations. These vaccinations contain things in them intended to prevent diseases and virus's like poliomyelitis or measles from overtaking your body. Sounds pretty cool right? Well many parents in America believe they're not. These parents aren't giving their children these vaccinations that they so desperately need.                                            
One popular belief is that it will give their kids brain problems such as autism. I know that it is possible of course, but there is a very slim chance that something like that will happen. I personally never had chicken pox due to the fact that I had my vericella vaccine. Before that vaccine was available, kids almost always got the chicken pox as a kid. Tetanus is a popular vaccine that every kid should get. It of course protects you from contracting the bacteria when touching rusty metals. Can you believe some kids don't receive this shot, and have to risk receiving this horrible bacterial disease throughout their childhood due to the fact that their parents are skeptical of a shot?

 There is nothing to fear from vaccines. If they caused autism or whatever, wouldn't the majority of people in America have autism? Please don't be that person that believes what the media says. one website says their opinionated claims which sound like fact. Believe your doctor, whom is a trained professional who knows how the vaccines really work. Give your kids the shots they need. Do the right thing.
   
      :United states centers for disease control

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Anti-vaccination people irritate the hell out of me. My mom is sort of one of them. Im up to date on all of my shots , I do need. (Chicken pox, meningitis Tetanus) The last time I was at the doctor, he suggested the shot to prevent cervical cancer(HPV).( Cervical cancer is the 2nd killer among women in the us I believe) She wouldn't let me get it claiming it would kill me. Ive heard some deaths are caused by it, but its all false statistics im sure. Im thinking of getting it next time I see the doctor,if it is covered.I couldn't have a say then because I was 17. People are so dumb. If it wasn't for vaccinations there would still be large cases of chicken pox, small pox, tuberculosis, polio and other life threatening diseases. Not to mention, if you have chicken pox as a kid, you are at risk for getting shingles as an adult.( A more painful version of chicken pox)

    ReplyDelete